In order to make this a great event there’s a few things you should know!
1. All players must be wearing non-marking sports shoes.
2. Respect! We’ll all have a great time if you treat other players, referees and the gym space the way you want to be treated.
3. Games start on-time, if you are late to the start of your game the other team will be given a chance to start scoring!
Every 3v3 tournament has slightly different game rules, here’s ours:
1. rock paper scissors to determine starting team.
2. shots are worth 1 point, or 2 points behind the 3pt line.
3. play to the official horn/buzzer.
4. if overtime is required it’s Golden Goal
5. If no score after 1 minute of overtime then a Golden Goal shootout from free throw line. (team that was defending at end of overtime gets first shot)
6. After a basket, the defensive team inbounds or dribbles from baseline
7. Defensive team must get ball to 3point line before trying to score – even if the ball has not touched the rim.
8. After regular foul is simply a checked ball.
9. Shooting foul = 1 shot
10. Intentional foul = warning & checked ball, 2nd offense = 1 shot & ball
11. Technical/flagrant foul = 1 shot & ball
12. Time wasting = referee starts 5 second shot clock countdown
13. we are running approx 10 minute games (2 minute changeover time)
14. If a team is not on court for the start time – they get 30secs to arrive. After 30 seconds the team that is on court gets the ball and can score. This continues every 20 seconds. Game over If score reaches 8-0 without 2nd team getting 3 players on the court.
15. This is a mixed tournament, no gender specific rules apply.
16. Teams in the year 7-9 grade may not have any older players in their team. Senior grade teams can include younger players if they wish (but not players who have left school)
Contact James Harris: firstname.lastname@example.org or 027-600-3800